Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Akhian udeek diyan, dil waajan marda...


...aaja pardesiya, wasta hi pyar da...aaja tenu akhian udeek diyan...

  • ...and on the 7th day God created Tabu so that one day a punjabi Brampton boy named Ranbir could have a dream.
  • Gurdas Mann has been around for years. He is hands down the voice of punjabi music for the last 25 years. He has changed along with the times, and at times has even set the trends of punjabi music. When I was 4 years old I attended a concert of his and got to dance with him on stage. I've only seen him live once since then. He's awesome live!
  • And no Phil, Gurdas Mann is not Harbhajan Mann's son.
  • And for all non-punjabi's...In punjabi 'bh' is pronounced as a 'p'...just a warning for when you hear me say 'pungra', 'Pagat', and 'Harpajan'.
  • Pet peave #1: I hate it when people litter.
  • Forgot 2 songs from my list earlier: Ek kadki hai (Hum Dono) and Mera rang de basanti chola (The Legend of 'Pagat' Singh).
  • BTW, my favorite movies are listed in my profile (at the top right of this page).
  • Here's a recipe I think I can lay claim to inventing...I hope. Pop open a can of Heinz breakfast beans and 'thurdka la' it. Yummy, and quick.
  • I absolutely love the feeling of getting into a cool bed in a cool room and getting all wrapped up in a comforter. Waking up in the cold however, is not so pleasent.
  • You'd think that with technology going the way it has the last 10-15 years that someone could invent a toilet seat heater. Damn!! Sometimes it can take you minutes just to convince yourself to sit on the damn thing this time of year. And I'm a guy....can't imagine the daily suffering of women.
  • Pet peave #2: Don't you hate it when you're driving and then all of sudden you get this obnoxious itch on the bottom of your foot.
  • Taken away waaay before his time: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Already had the western world awed by his talent and had just stepped into the Bollywood realm. He could have been the greatest musician we had ever seen. Can't believe it's already been 8 years since he died.
  • Music lyricists never get their proper due.
  • Heard this stat the other day and found it really, really surprising. Sikhs account for 2% of India's population, yet Sikhism is the 5th largest religion in the world. Think about it.
  • Regarding my list of fun things i want to accomplish before the age of 30, birthday boy Emad commented, "Get married before 30." While I do intend on doing that before 30, it doesn't qualify as fun at all. All joking aside, the actual wedding itself never seems to be much fun for the couple and the immediate families involved. They all look like stressed out robotic zombies. Punjabi weddings, at least, are meant to be fun for friends and extended family, especially cousins. That doesn't bug me though...I got over 15 cousins :) So what if one day they'll all have a ball at my expense ;) Right Sunny and Monika? (Apparently Sunny and Monika actually have dreams about my wedding day).
  • Now if just everyone could convince Tabu to give me a chance.
  • "He looks like a man where everyone else is a boy. He looks like he could flatten people with one punch." - Ram Gopal Verma on Abhishek Bachchan.
  • Pet Peave #3: I hate it when people start bitching that they have such a horrible life for the stupidest of reasons. Stop complaining. We have all the opportunites in the world where we live. If you're healthy and are just having a few bad days, please don't go on telling everyone how miserable your life is, because it's not. You're just a miserable person.
  • Ok, had to get that one off my chest.
  • I'm trying to find 2 'pungra' songs. Used to have the cassette but now can't find the songs anywhere: 'Raati Ishqe Di Hoi Barsaat, Sari Raat pijdey rahey' and 'Naachno tho pehla' both from a Hans Raj Hans album around 10 years old. If you have the MP3s, please send :)
  • I'm watching Russell Peters live in Mississauga on October 22nd. Can't wait! "Sumbody gonna get huurt...real bad."

10 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oye Hero, kiddan?
This blog is hilarious. There's a problem -- I think you're too desi for even Tabu. She looks amazing in that pic but I think you'll have to find someone on your trip to Punjab. lol. Let's hookup sometime. Tell me you'd consider clubbing now please.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ranupaji!
Just wanted to clear something up. Sunny has the dreams not ME! I never knew you liked Tabu. I thought you hated her. Yea i agree with pet peave #3. Hate it too. Have fun at the Russell Peters show. Oh yeah I need to talk to you now.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger ranu said...

why did monika want to talk to me?...lol....to ask me if i was going to take harj up on the offer. Harj, my cousin thought u were a girl and that u were asking me out. hahaha. My lil cousin was gonna coach her paji before our date. Cute.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger ejunooni said...

Everyone has a right to DREAM.

The people I hate even more are the ones who litter back home and then complain that the country is not clean.

Toilet seat heater ...... daily suffering of women?? why would women suffer more??

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is the greatest musician. Look at you choice of song at the start of this post.

Yeah you should get married before 30 (which is not that far by the way). I think i will be married before you.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha Monika u are so funny!...lol and ranu paji needs all the coaching he can get......KIDDING HEHEEH KIDDING.....and tabu..like wat are u thinking......u should day dream of marrying SRK!!!....(that would be awesome)...also...i think it's only fair that u tlk about ur sister atleast ONCE in the entire post!!!!!!!!.ppl should kno the wonderful sister u have......i dunno why but my lack of 'computer skills' will never get me a blog of my own so just in case anyone is reading this....i am ranu paji's sister and i will now have my own blog in his comments section.....ok buhbye! for now

 
At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold on a second monika.... its you who apparentlly has the dreams. Ive thought about it a couple of times but not dreamed of it. Im sorry ranu paji that i had to bring this argument to ur blog but i had to make it clear...

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of your favorite songs is dil ke tanhai ko from chahat? what was the video like?

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger ranu said...

Anonymous-er,
I rarely have an opinion on song picturizations unless it involves AB Sr. Case in point, 'Kajra Re' in BnB was awesome!!

However, from what I remember the song came in Chaahat twice and the train station version suited the song better than the hotel party one (which was kinda disturbing btw -- the seductive looks that that Rhamba chick was givin SRK were kinda freeky).

BTW, who are you anon?

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pakistani singers/actors have no place in bollywood.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Ravali said...

love the line

 

Post a Comment

<< Home